It's the ideal base from which to explore and enjoy the tranquility, stunning scenery and market towns of the Cotswolds with fantastic walks that start right at the cottage's front door.
Ropewalk Cottage itself dates back to the 1880s, when it was occupied by silk mill workers during the heyday of Blockley's textile industry.
Recently renovated, this idyllic rural retreat comes complete with a wood-burning stove for whiling away your evenings in front of the fire with glass of wine in hand. The cottage sleeps up to 8 guests (with a maximum of 6 adults and 2 young children) in two doubles, one twin and a kid's bedroom. The cottage also recently received an Oliver's Travels recommendation award!
- Front bedroom: Double bed with double wardrobe, chest of drawers and travel cot with mattress available. The room offers fantastic views over the fields opposite with barely a building in sight.
- Rear bedroom: Twin beds with chest of drawers and hat rack with hanging space. Out of the window, youll find wonderful panoramic views of the Cotswold countryside.
- Family bathroom: Bath with overhead shower, basin, loo and heated towel rail.
- Front bedroom: Double bed with double wardrobe, dressing table and TV with Freeview. You can enjoy the same unbroken views over the fields as the room below, only with slightly better vantage point (so you may have to draw straws to see who gets which one!)
- Rear bedroom: Single bed with pull out bed underneath and a travel cot. Easily offers the best views in the house!
- Family shower room: Large shower with basin, loo and heated towel rail.
All bedrooms come complete with Egyptian cotton sheets and towels.